This page is dedicated to Border Collies who are independently available and are NOT part of the WBCR foster program.
As is the case with breed rescue groups across the country, there are so many dogs that need a home and far too few foster spaces to take them in. The following dogs are courtesy listed to help an owner rehome their dog. The dogs listed here are NOT part of WBCR and the adoption is a private adoption with the owner, NOT WBCR.
Zoey, 6-year-old, female.
Zoey is a 6-year-old, high energy, very smart girl who is exhibiting some extreme resource guarding/reactivity towards our new baby (10 months old). She’s been fine around other people’s children–even sitting patiently while my sister’s 3-year-old fed her pieces of kibble from her bowl. A full-time human sibling seems to be too much for her. My husband and I have worked with a trainer and with our vet to try different meds. Unfortunately, we haven’t seen a behavior change over the last 10 months. We are looking for her to be re-homed because we know she’d be a great dog for a kid-free family.
Great Health, 24″ tall, 45 pounds, Black and White Mix, Female, Spayed.
Crate trained; Loves car rides; Knows names of family members and certain toys by specific name.
If interested, reach out to the family directly. Zoey is located near Eau Claire, WI.
Last updated on: August 5, 2023
- We require that all dogs listed have all vaccinations up-to-date.
- The information that we have on these dogs is from the owner, shelter, or individual who has found and is caring for the dog. When photos are available, we will post them with the dog.
- If you are interested in one of these dogs, we have included the name and contact information for the caretaker/owner. It is up to you to check out the dog & make arrangements. Do not complete an adoption application through WBCR to adopt one of these dogs.
- We are not responsible for these dogs as they are not in our rescue. We do not warrant these dogs, their temperament nor their health, nor do we know anything about them other than what the owners/shelters/caregivers have told us. All potential adopters should thoroughly investigate any dog that they are interested in.
- WBCR does not charge an adoption fee for these dogs. Fees may be negotiated with the shelter or family housing the dog.
- Here is an Evaluation Form that may help you to learn basic temperament of a dog that you are considering.
This page is for listing dogs needing help. Please let us know if the dog should be removed from this page.
The dogs listed here are NOT part of WBCR and the adoption is a private adoption with the owner, NOT WBCR.
Please contact WBCR at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having trouble contacting any of the contacts listed or if you think the page needs to be updated.