Steps to becoming a Potential Adopter:
- Complete an adoption application with WBCR before we can consider you for one of our Border Collies.
- Go to our PayPal link to pay the $15.00 application fee.
- If your application is approved, one of our volunteers will check your references.
- If your reference report is approved, another volunteer will come to your home to meet you & your family in person.
- If your home visit is approved, the board will vote on your complete application.
- If you are approved, we will arrange a time for you to meet the dog(s) you are interested in.
- If you decide he/she is perfect for you and the board agrees, you will schedule a day to pick up and officially adopt your Border Collie by signing adoption paperwork and paying the $350 minimum adoption donation.
The whole process may take a month or more as all WBCR members are volunteers and we are committed to making a perfect match for our Border Collies.
Know Before Applying:
- If you are in the Midwest and approximately a 200 mile radius of Milwaukee, you are welcome to apply. If you are from elsewhere in the US or Canada. please start by contacting a rescue closer to you. Check out the national directory of Border Collie Rescues http://bordercollie.rescueshelter.com/USA
- Wisconsin Border Collie Rescue is committed to and focused on finding the best match we can find for our dogs.
- Some of our dogs in our care are here because their owners could not manage them acting like a Border Collie. Owning a Border Collie is a wonderful experience and it also requires a good deal of time and energy. Border Collies are NOT content to just to play in the yard (no matter how big it is). It has been said that “Having a Border Collie isn’t just owning a dog, it’s accepting a lifestyle”. We have found this to be true and aim to place our dogs with people who truly understand this.
- If you are unsure about a Border Collie fitting into your family, please ask. We would be happy to give you more information. You can also check our website for more information on the Border Collie lifestyle.
- If you have done the research and have a lifestyle that will work well with a Border Collie, please submit the application below and take the first step towards adopting from WBCR.
- Make sure to complete ALL fields or the form may not be received. Incomplete applications are not able to be processed.
- Please review your application for accuracy (especially contact information) so that we can reply to you.
- If the form does not work, there is a field that needs to be completed. Please be sure that the fields contain something.
- We may have several potential adopters interested in the same dog. We do not hold dogs. It is possible that an approved adopter may adopt the dog you want before you are completely through the process.
- Once you are approved, your application is valid for one year; it’s possible that a dog in the near future could be the match for you.
- We work for the dogs, so as soon as there’s a good, approved match, we will adopt out the dog. We reserve the right to refuse any application. Thank you for understanding.